Lifeclub festival site
Tartu, Estonia : Jazz painting at the Museum Festival
- Weekly Tallinn CS meeting at Asian Cafe (Indian/Chinese/Thai food) in the beautiful and historic Kalamaja area. 2 min walk to old town. 10% discount on all food. Only 2€ for all 500ml beers and ciders. Check the menu for other prices.
- Fridays 8pm till 12am (midnight).
Address : Kopli 4, Põhja-Tallinn, Tallinn, Estonia
- (next to main train station and opposite to baltijaam tram stop)
- Good hostel : Knight House Rüütli 18,
Tallinn, Estonia p. +37255501001 e. email@example.com
- Sept 23-30 Tartu Science Festival
..Tartu Science Festival
- Are G4S the new KGB who "own" Estonia ?
- During communism an ethnic-Russian dominated KGB was everywhere spying on people, now in 2012 G4S is everywhere; spying mainly on broken ethnic-Russians.
- Pass any Estonian town shopping centre & you'll see them a G4S security guard sitting in a car "spying" on the people ..And then you'll see the G4S sticker on every government building, private shop & warehouse
..it's like G4S now own Estonia.
- about G4s and Estonia
- During communism an ethnic Russian dominated KGB was everywhere spying on people, now in 2012 G4S is everywhere; spying mainly on broken ethnic Russians.
- Pass any Estonian town shopping centre & you'll see them sitting in a car "spying" on the people the G4S security guards. And then you'll see the G4S sticker on every government building, private shop & warehouse ..it's like G4S own Estonia.
- Jewish Museum
Diana on HC Katatinna 12
- Cos northern Baltic area was under Swedish control there it wasn't like the southern area where there were lots of Jews. Prewar Estonia had few Jews, but during the war there wrre a couple of big massacres due to the Nazis setting up work camps which foreign Jews were brought in to work at.
- Jewish museum today cos I was concerned about Estonia government manipulating history cos museums only ethnic Estonians they don't mention other ethnic groups, but the curator explained the Baltic states were split with Russia controlling south & Sweden the north, so Jews were only in the Russian areas. So before the war there were 2500 in the whole of Estonia and the knew well a month before the Germans arrived. So 1000 Estonian Jews died, but there 2 bigger attacks.
1. Jews from East Europe were brought on trains but when they arrived they were separated into weak & strong. The weak didn't know the buses took them to forest execution sites. The strong ended up at work camps.
2. When the German's fled trying to cover their tracks they committed the Koora atrocity. They sent half the workers to collect cooking wood. When they got back they found others being shot & they were ordered to put the bodies on the wood. Panic broke out & people hid in buildings which were then set on fire.