| - The thing is my whole life is on hold until I can get this illness sorted out. It's cold here and there's nothing for me in this isolated part of the country. My plan was to get some medicine and fly out to some warm country and get working an be avoiding that horrible consumerist symbol of falseness Christmas and New Year. I hate Chrsitmas I want to get away from it.
- Ideally now I would be in a southern European country doing some work
, but I have to take advantage of my parents hospitality until I get this "infection" sorted out. I was hoping that once I saw the specialist he'd give me the medicine and I could be off ... that sounds a bit naive now.
- I wouldn't rule out taking a cheap flight on Christmas day or new Years eve.
- It's difficult to know if the condition is improving, because it's so complex. Before I saw the specialist the diarrhea had gone away. He told me to stop taking the immodium and leave it upto the enemas so I did. After 5 days though the diarrhea has come back, but in other ways the infection has stabilised.
- I can concentrate most of the day and make it through the whole night without running to the toilet.
- Why did the diarrhea come back. I had 2 or 3 days without eating rice so maybe it was that. I'd also eaten some liver and bacon, perhaps it caused it. I wonder if I am more susceptible to food poisoning these days so that little things give me diarrhea when before they wouldn't have. I wonder if all that time in the Ukraine when I thought it was the same infection coming back again and again, whether it was a series of infections cropping up, because of my weakened stomach.
- Eventually some idea or opportunity will come up.. I suppose
- There are more lucrative jobs at Christmas , but I didn't go to the job centre as I planned to leave the country as soon as I am cured. Now that's not working I thought about going on Friday, but I didn't ... I should go on Monday cos lets face it I'm not going to be ready to travel in 1 week and in 2 weeks it'll be Christmas and new year. So even if I get magically better soon it'll be mid-January before travel.