The Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature Project has released its preliminary findings though not in a research journal but to the scientific community and the general public *. Their trumpeted finding is not surprising - the world has gotten warmer in recent decades - or at least the land has. This is consistent with the other global temperature datasets." (note they just took a couple of datasets the IPCC used, so of course they got the same result, they could have included other datasets in their study, but didn't)
- SHOUTED A press release issued by the project said, “Global Warming is real,” adding that it can find no evidence of a heat island effect, and that even weather stations considered to be of doubtful quality still show relative warming over the 1950 - 2010 period in question. "
- Of course that was covered in in the compliant converted Main Stream Media
- NOT SHOUTED..what they didn't mention is another line it has
"Some of the change in the AMO area could be natural variation"
“in that case human component of global warming may be somewhat overstated.” #
- Wattsup said...."Why was this nugget missed or ignored? It is because environmental reporters are too obsessed with bashing sceptics, and reading press releases, than in reporting science.?"
# (I note that some skeptical blogs go over the top and edit the quote to make it seem "human component of global warming may be somewhat overstated" overall.)
* a sign of bad science is that they release info direct to the press instead of verifying it in the peer review process first