- It is not right that people are sometimes people are threatened or called names, but it seems that a group react in a overdefensive way which is racist and then fascist itself.
- There seems to be an alarming habit of liberal people being angry at what they perceive as racism/fascism and then actually responding in a fascist way themselves : "everyone believes the same as us, you're not the same as us, you should be prevented from speaking"
- 1. Banning the word Paki - Some people complained on Radio 4 Feedback that the the word should be called the "P-word", cos it's so offensive.
- i. Perspective - it is a rarely used word. It was used in a private conversation between 2 minor celebrities. It's not really newsworthy.
- ii. It's just a word Yes some people maybe have used it as an insult, but it's their behavior that is the offensive not the word itself. For most people it's just a short form of the word Pakistani, Paki shop - a shop run by people who seem to be Pakistani. People might use the words fat or lazy in an insulting way, but we wouldn't ban them.
- Some people wrote to Radio 4 to say the word Paki should be banned as they find it offensive. Look some people get too irrationally emotional and touchy in Princess Diana death way , but they are wrong and irrational and we shouldn't change the English Language to accommodate them.
- Yes I am white male, but there are words like : kaffir the derogatory word for non-muslim, but I don't feel it should be banned ... neither should words like, goy, gweilo, gaijin, athiest, Pommie, Scot, northerner be banned. Words are not offensive themselves it's their use - if someone said "smelly northerners" then that's racist and offensive but not "northerner" itself.
- People have pointed out that of course it has been used in a positive sense "Paki power" signs at the cricket match. I noticed that Indian newspaper headlines use Pak or Pak every day ... Do we really expect them to use the long form.
If you don't believe the same as us "liberals", then you are evil. ... The behaviour of liberals towards BNP's Nick Griffin was outrageous - refusing to let him speak, then ganging up to push questions attacking him and then butting in before he can reply.
- Saying "He doesn't have the right to speak, he's only a fascist". Surely that's not so different from saying "He doesn't have the right to speak, he 's only a black". They fail to understand the principle of free speech that anyone is free to think anything they like, only bad actions can
- Ironically it's like saying "You are not one of us liberals; so you don't have the right to speak"
- 3. Closing down the debate When people try to open up talk about immigration the liberals react By tutting
- "everyone believes the same us, there is no debate, immigration is a good thing, ", hence the major issue of people perceiving that culture is being changed in a negative way is not talked about. So resentment builds up inside people. If 50 British people moved to a Spanish street then surely we could talk about their impact.
- Liberals adopt a similar attitude in other things "You have no right to question some homosexual lifestyles." Instead of patiently explaining they take offense and so come across as patronising and alienate people.